Friday, June 02, 2006

a cube and a box of pencils

This is my tribute to Ding. I am not going to try to express everything in words, because any attempt to do so would result in failure...anyways, let us proceed...

I don't know how you did it. How you managed to cope with everything so well. How did you ever manage to finish all your work with commitments in choir, BB, and to top it all off, those really early bedtimes? Above all that, how did you still find time to play soccer every recess, and finish everything despite staying as far away from school as you did, and having to spend the extra time commuting each day (like me, unfortunatley, but I have never come anywhere close)? And how on earth did you manage to get work done on your table, which was forever cluttered with mountains of rough paper? How did you manage to consistently evade the system by eating in class almost every day?

I hope you get the point. Ding was an amazing person, someone who managed to thrive in class despite the odds that were so heavily stacked against him (I am willing to bet large sums of money that most of you probably never considered this seriously...), someone who was always reliable, patient and kind. His presence will be sorely missed during his temporary absence.

Take care Ding.

P.S. I hope you like the cube. And the box of pencils.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?